Microwave Brownie in a Mug
I’ve made multiple versions of this cake-in-a-mug dessert. And blogged about it once before. It can be found here. It’s truly quick, fast and satisfying. What’s not to love?
But why am I blogging about this again? Especially when there are millions of great recipes online?
It’s because this little brownie swept me off my feet! Quite literally. It is so rich and so gooey and so fudgy that the moment I dug into it I stopped, grabbed the nearest chair, took a deep breath and did what any blogger would do.
I clicked this picture. Then I posted it on whatsapp and Instagram and publicly declared my love for it on Facebook!
The magic ingredient here is the chocolate chunks. It elevates the brownie to a different level altogether. Try it for yourself. It’ll make you go ‘mmmmm!’
Note: The quality of your cocoa powder and chocolate will determine the quality of your outcome so do use the best you can lay your hands on
- All purpose flour – 1/4 cup
- Icing Sugar – 2 tbsp (you can use regular white sugar but I suggest you blend it to a coarse powder first. The crystals here in India are too large)
- Cocoa Powder – 2 tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Oil (anything but olive oil) – 2 tbsp
- Brewed coffee – 1 tsp (you can add a 1/2 tsp vanilla extract instead)
- Chocolate chunks – 1 tbsp plus a few more for the topping
- Add all the dry ingredients to a microwave safe mug and stir with a fork to combine.
- Add all the liquid ingredients and stir to combine. There should be no lumps. At this point you will be excused for wanting to skip the next step and drink this straight out of the mug. I know I was tempted but hold on. You will not regret this
- Add the chocolate chunks and stir. Do not leave this ingredient out. This is what makes the brownie so gooey and delectable
- Sprinkle a few chocolate chunks on top and and microwave it for 1 minute.
- I have a 750W machine and my brownie was done in 1 minute. But check at the 45 second mark.
- Since it’s a microwave we’re dealing with, the difference between a moist brownie and a lump of coal is literally a few seconds. So keep checking after the 45 second mark.
- Forget the coffee – I know I can’t believe I’m saying this – but this brownie is best paired with vanilla ice cream